• 4 boiling potatoes, peeled and diced
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 4 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
• 4 chicken thighs, skin removed
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
• 1 1/2 cups white mushrooms sliced
• 4 shallots, sliced
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 2 tsp chopped rosemary
• 2/3 cup dry white wine
• 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
• 1 bay leaf
1. Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain well.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and coat with the flour. Add to the pan and cook, turning often, about 6 minutes, until browned. Transfer to a plate. Add the shallots to the pan and cook, stirring often, about 2 minutes, until softened. Add the potatoes, mushrooms, garlic, and rosemary, and cook 2 minutes more.
3. Add the wine, bring to a boil, and cook for 1 minute. Add the stock and return to the boil. Return the chicken to the pan, add the bay leaf, and cover. Reduce the heat and simmer about 50 minutes, or until the chicken is very tender. Discard the bay leaf and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
Serve hot which a fresh green salad and French bread.